Invitational Education forms a framework within which all educational activities take place in the school.
- It is a specific set of values that form a specific way to interact with others.
- It is a theory that emphasizes human goodness to achieve learning.
- A model that emphasizes respect and dignity in all people of all social classes, cultures and backgrounds.
Invitational Education is based on four assumptions:
- All people are able, valuable and responsible and should be treated that way.
- Education should involve all role players:
- All people have untapped potential that is waiting to be discovered.
- Human potential can be realized by:
- Policies and
- Procedures that invite development by:
- People who are intentionally inviting to themselves and others.